Thursday, August 23, 2007

 

Musical Tomatoes

I have just realized what I signed on for. This would be simple and fun if I didn't occasionally - nay, oft - make "regular" things for dinner. Example: this evening consisted of already marinated chicken breasts - I'm talking I bought them that way - baked in the oven and served with broccoli and Velveeta shells and cheese, a personal request made by Travis. I can't take a picture of that and put it on here. That would just be...ridiculous, for lack of a better word. Even, perhaps, redundant, as you all gazed upon what you similarly served on your dining room tables across the country. I guess it is a good thing that I have some old pictures saved up. Just another example of something not entirely thought out by me... Another thing: what do I do if I see a great movie? Can I blog about that, even if it's neither "No Reservations" nor "Ratatouille," thereby having nothing to do with cooking or food? I suppose that remains to be seen. Onward to the symphony of vegetables below.



One of our favorite salads this summer consists simply of tomatoes and avocados, sliced, served on a plate, with a bit of salt and pepper. However, this one was all the more gorgeous, as we had been to the little farmer's market the Saturday before. See our beautiful yellow pear tomatoes? They were even sweeter than the accompanying grape tomatoes, if you can believe it. Combined with the creamy, almost melty texture of the avocado, and the zing of salt, it made a perfectly blended harmony in our mouths.

Comments:
It looks so festive!! I guess one solution to your problem about "regular dinners" is that you do not have to write a blog entry every day, nor do you have to keep it to one topic. (Regardless of what blog experts may say...)

So, DO write about your favorite movies and how frustrating driving in Atlanta traffic is, or whatever else is on your mind. After all, a blog is simply a web log. A log of your day, your life, your interests, yes?

Happy Blogging!

(By the way, your blog gets THE WEIRDEST word verification words. Moreso than the other blogs I stalk, I think. Is eesrclor even a word? Nope. Perhaps they should call it random letter verification something)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?