Wednesday, August 22, 2007

 

Turning over a new leaf


So nobody has blogged on here (by the way, I love when new verbs are created because of the internet) in a VERY long time... so I'm reviving it. However, it is going to have a theme. I like to cook. I am not the best cook in the family, or in the world, maybe not even in this house - but I enjoy it. So this will now focus on some of my food adventures. The kind in the kitchen, not eating out. I like reading those, but I don't want to have to take a camera every time I go out to eat. Who does that? Anywho... let's begin with the 4th of July when I thought that there ought to be more than one berry atop a shortcake. After all, the colors are red, white and BLUE! Behold, the power of blueberries. Here's my lovely Patriotic Shortcake. So that's rather basic, really. I even bought the little pre-made sponge cakes with the dip in the middle. You could call that assembling, rather than cooking. However, I did macerate the berries. Macerate - sounds official, huh. That's why I had to include it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?