Monday, February 11, 2008

 

Long Overdue

I'm so sorry for my absence since November. I have no excuses, plenty of stories, and some pictures to accompany them. I'll start with Thanksgiving dinner.


I hope you can see that we had lots of delicious foods. This is the Salvadorian turkey, the Asiago sweet potato gratin, and a delicious fall salad with pears, pecans and feta. Neil's blue corn stuffing with chorizo accompanied all of this on our gorgeous table. See?
This was the first time I got to use our fine china given to us primarily as wedding gifts. It made the table look absolutely gorgeous. And I feel a little silly saying it, but I actually felt like a grown up. I would also like to say that in those glasses was our faux champagne that turned out pretty good. There were mixed reviews, but I liked it, and it looked pretty and was festive.

Then it was time to eat... and eat we did!












Doh! I forgot the dessert. How could I forget the delicious desserts? Neil slaved all day on our persimmon pudding. He steamed it in a very old fashioned way. If anyone can find an old-fashioned pudding mold - complete with the steaming cap thingy - I know he'd love to try again. It turned out very moist, and the rum-soaked berries completed it perfectly!! Mom and I made the pie - while considerably less effort was involved, it was also quite delicious.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?