Sunday, April 27, 2008

 

And then there were thai...?

We love Thai food. It is delicious, different, exciting to the taste buds. Ordinarily we get it from our favorite little dive, Dan Thai, a few minutes up the road. It is unpretentious, has delicious food, quick and polite service, and is reasonably priced. However, sometimes at the end of the day, we just want to stay home. On those nights, Thai food seems an impossibility.

Alas! As you can see here, we have a delicious plate of Pad Thai. Neil made some over the holidays and Travis helped out - in part to learn how. We tried it at home. I can honestly say there are few things more offensive to the nose than fish sauce heating on a stove, but our food turned out pretty well. It didn't taste quite like Dan Thai, but I was quite impressed with our adventurous cooking spirit, as well as our culinary outcome.

I must admit, it has been some time since I was on my Ellie Krieger cookbook craze, much to the chagrin of my health. However, one of the first recipes I noted in there excited me greatly. As you know, I am trying to incorporate more fish recipes into my repertoire. Thai-style halibut with coconut-curry broth hit the Asian and fish spots equally and delightfully.

Mmmmmm! I'd like to encourage all of you to try making your favorites that you only order out. Think how nice it would be to dig into a fresh, hot plate/bowl of your favorite restaurant order, even on those rainy, stormy, traffic-filled nights.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?