Monday, July 21, 2008

 

Throwback Food



What's the first food that comes to mind when I say I made a throwback dish? I don't mean like a fish - one that is too small, you have to throw it back - I mean a throwback to the older days. This one is often scorned for being something people don't like, but I found it to be quite yummy. That's right, I made tuna casserole. We "gourmeted" it up relatively well, considering what we had to work with. I made a breadcrumb topping out of some leftover, drying out pita bread triangles (make it sound appetizing, don't I?). I "shredded" some Velveeta cheese to sprinkle on top. Those of you who know Velveeta know that I cut it into sticks and then placed them around where I wanted them. Velveeta neither shreds nor sprinkles. I also topped it with some paprika, as casseroles are supposed to have that particular color on top. Ultimately, it was yummy, and I felt like my grandparents would have been proud. Why not whip up a casserole, or whatever it was you thought of, for dinner soon?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?