Monday, April 26, 2010

 

An actual food post

So there's a new - new to me at least - woman on the food network and she has "bean night" at her house. Once a week, they have dinner with beans as the primary source of protein, rather than meat. Saves on money and calories. So last night was bean night at our house. I don't believe once a week would fly at our particular abode, but once in a while works out.


Enter the charred chile rellenos - and add some black beans! Voila, a delicious - and dare I say pretty - bean night entree! I served this alongside some Mexican brown rice. Probably too many starches on this plate, but it was tasty and filling. Not your typical battered, cheese-filled chile relleno, but this one is hearty, heart-friendly, and quite tasty if I do say so.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?